We have a custom extractor on a custom table. Two fields were added to the table so we want to pull them into BW master data.
I go to R/3. Run SBIW --> Generic DataSources --> Maintain Generic DataSources. Select Master Data Attributes, enter my extractor name and click the change button.
From this screen is I press F8 (save) I get a list of fields, I see my new fields and I click Save.
But if I press F7 (Display field list) instead of F8 the list of fields does not include my two new fields.
Can one tell me what I'm missing? How do I change this generic datasource to include the new fields?
There is nothing you are missing!!!!
1.Just go to TC RSA6 in R/3
2.Click at the top and expand all of them
3. Then search for your data source.
4. Double click on your datasource.
5. That would display all the fields available currently.
6. then double click on the extract Structure, that is the structure you need to change in order to add new fields to the data source.
7. Then click on the append and add the two newly added fields.
8. Go to your FM for filling up the fields with data.. you need to change the logic as well in the FM to capture it. If this wasn't custom extractor, as soon as you add the field as it is in the table, you wouldn't need to add that logic.
Hope you make it.