cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the portal desktop standard header text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We want to change the standard text appearing in the SAP portal header area. Do you know which file has the these texts.

I need to change the English and Chinese version of texts.

i.e Welcome, Help,Personalize,Log off

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

if u want to change the the text i.e from 'welcome' to 'hello' then u should download the par file related to masthedarea i.e 'com.sap.portal.navigation.Masthead.par.bak' file . For this navigate to System Administration->support->portal Runtime->Browse Deployment->download

Extract the downloaded file and ,remove the .bak extension

open the NWDS tool ,import the par file by creating the project

navigate to proj_Name->Dist->portal_INF check for the file which contain the welcome text ,change the 'welcome' text to 'hello'

save->rebuilt the project->export the project.

login to portal->navgate to content adminstration->portal content->create an ivew from th portal component in a developed portal archive.

asign iview to the defaultpage work layout ,adjust the page layout,save,

note:-upload the jar file from downloaded file i.e protal-inf->private->lib to nwds->project->portal-inf->private-lib.

Regards,

K.Naveen Kishore

shankar_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Naveen is Quite correct ,just goto portal_inf->private->classes.Here you have all the language specific properties files.Make your changes and deploy.

regards

shankar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the text, but u should change in the corresponding languages. Its a resource bundle file usr/sap/..../ext/<file name>

Regards

Ponnusamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can this through "Internationalistaion of Portal"

For that you need to create a "Translation WorkList" where in you can display the portal in your own preferd language.

Regards,

Ponna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please first attempt what happens when you change the default language of your IE(or other ) browser to other languages.

The portal should automatically adapt.