cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing the import directory in qa and prod to point to export in dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I modified the pcdstartup.properties file with the following line so I can have QA and Prod pointing the import directory to the dev export directory.

#Pcd.TransportApplication.ImportRootDir=
ep6dev\import

When I click on RELOAD in System Administration -> Support -> Portal Content Directory -> PCD Configuration, nothing happens. The new import path is not recognized and it still displays the default configuration.

I followed other threads and never ran accross this exact problem.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I actually followed those directions, but my problem is that after configuring the pcdstartup.properties file, the RELOAD button does not take affect. After pressing the RELOAD button, nothing changes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I changed the ImportRootDir in my qa pcdstartup.properties file to the below entry. Then, I restarted my J2EE and still I see the default entry in System Administration -> Support -> Portal Content Directory -> PCD Configuration (E:\usr\sap\EPQ\SYS\global\pcd\Import).

#Pcd.TransportApplication.ImportRootDir=

ep6dev
import

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Remove the # from the beginning of the line in the pcdStartup.properties file.

Regards

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, can you let me know if this works for you because I am having trouble with the same thing - my new parameter is being picked up, but when I try to export/import I get the message "root dir not found:
sapep6\sapmnt\trans" even though this directory is accessible.

Many thanks

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

Removing the # sign was the trick to getting the right parameters to show, but I see the same problem you mentioned. The error message is "root directory for import not found".

Thank you for your imput. Maybe someone else will help us both with the remaining issue.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hopefully! I have also opened an OSS message for this, since I cannot see what the problem could be. I will let you know the outcome.

Regards

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

I have also opened an OSS message for this error. If I hear the answer before you, I will post it here.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

It seems there is problem with user permissions for shared folder. User which runs portal process on production server should have permissions for shared folder. Do you use domain user for that or local user?

Regards,

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergei,

I am using a local user id to run the portal processes.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Me too. I think this could be the problem. I will investigate & update.

Thanks

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

In this case you should create a copy of users SAPService<SID> from qa and prod systems on dev machine. The users should have the same passwords as in original machinnes. Then you should add these users to group which has at least read permissions to shared folder. This group should be on dev server.

Regards,

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergei,

Many thanks, this has resolved my problem. I can now export transport packages from my DEV portal directly to my Production server (as was required).

I would give u points but unfortunately this is not my thread!

Regards

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergei,

This resolved my problem as well. I was able to award the points to you and to Jane.

Thank you both very much.

Regards,

Rick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos