Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Logon Screen of EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

I want to change the logon screen of EP. I have implemented following steps:

• I have copied com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak file and saved it with the name vikrant.new.logon.par.

• After extracting the PAR file I have made changes for following things:

1. Changed the background colour of the logon page by changing value of "bgcolor" attribute in "umLogonTopArea.txt" file. I have also changed the welcome message.

1. in "umLogonBotArea.txt" file I have changed the brading image say "brading-vikrant.jpg". And also added a new table row with my company logo.

• After completing above changes again I packed those files in vikrant.new.logon.par and placed back to "......\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd" folder of EP server.

• I have also made changes in "authschemes.xml" by changing every occurance of string "com.vcerp.portal.rutime.logon" with "vikrant.new.logon" string in the tag <frontendtarget>.

• Now after restarting the EP server, when I accessed the EP, instead of changes that I made to logon page, I got the following errors:

1. Portal runtime error

An exception occured while processing a request for :

iView : N/A

Component Name : N/A

The exception was logged. Inform your system administrator..

See the details of exception ID in the log file.

DOES ANY ONE HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhruv_shah3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Go to EP->System Administration->Support->Portal Runtime -> Administrative Console-> Archive Uploader

Here upload your vikrant.new.logon.par.

Now create the Iview Based on this PAR.

Ok...

Check whether the PAR is uploaded correct....

Now proceed for further steps....

see iam recomending this but this not a good way to do it .

1) First keep the par file made by you in temp folder and start the j2ee engine .Let it get cahnged to .bak file.

2) check at this location usrsapEP1JC01j2eeclusterserver0appssap.comirjservlet_jspirj ootWEB-INFportalportalapps<par file name>

whether the folders have got copied or not.If yes then

3) stop the engine and then paste the apr file in your pcd folder now.

see as soon as the par changes to bak 9and eventhough the j2ee engine shows yellow color) go and paste the work folder there at the suggested location.

Also look at this link

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/ep/look%2band%2bfeel]

you will get all the information

Thanks & Regards,

Dhruv Shah

Edited by: DS on Feb 21, 2008 1:01 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yet not solved

chinmaya_sahoo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems the authscheme xml file change has issue, if u make the par file correctly.

Check the [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1a/3afd4e641b8f42ac07bb77fe30375b/frameset.htm] for authscheme change.

And i found a forum topic where the same problem is described and resolved.

Refer this aswell [topic|]

Cheers

Chinmaya

Reward for helpful answers

Edited by: Chinmaya Kumar Sahoo on Feb 22, 2008 8:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Please crosscheck all the steps you followed with this BLOG

[LOGON PAGE CUSTOMIZATION|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4716] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Shailesh Nagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh.

Thx for help. But I still have the same problem.

I have completed all tasks carefully. After restarting the EP server, I also found that the file

"vikrant.new.logon.par" which I placed in the "......\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd" folder is

converted to "vikrant.new.logon.par.bak". A new folder "vikrant.new.logon" is also created in

the ".....\irj\root\portalapps" folder which contains the same content as in original folder

"com.sap.portal.runtime.logon" folder.

So I think this means that the new authentication file "vikrantauthschemes.xml", which has

references to new app "vikrant.new.logon", is working.

But I don't understand what the problem because I m still receiving the same error, as following:

-

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

-

What to do now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you place the jar files into the lib folder of your project?

Actually it is not automatically copied. You will have to do manually. Open the original par file using winzip. You can find jars. Extract them. Copy them to the same lib folders in your project.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini.

Thx for your reply.

First I copied the Original file "com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak" with the name "vikrant.new. logon.par".

After unzipping the the "vikrant.new.logon.par" using WinRAR software, I already received two jar files in "PORTAL-INF\lib" folder. These are "com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_api.jar" and "umelogonbase.jar".

So these files are already there in lib folder. after then I have modified the files individually which are required and then again compressed them to "vikrant.new.logon.par" file using WinRAR software.

Do I need to do something with these jar files: "com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_api.jar" and "umelogonbase.jar".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is fine if they are there. I would suggest you some precautions.

Before changing the logon file directly in the authschemes, you may have to test it from studio. Import the par into NWDS and do the chnages and view the output from portalapp.xml.

Once all the changes are done successfully, then you will have to change the authschemes.xml for your logon page.

Now since you have already done that, you can try this option. You can import the original par com.portal.....logon into studio. Rename it to vikrant.new.logon.par. Rebuild project and deploy to server. Then check logon screen if it appears.

If not, then go back to authschemes and edit to original name itself (com.sap... ). Upload the par (com.portal...logon.par) directly from studio. Now restart portal.

Make sure lib files are copied into projects manually in studio.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini.

Thx again.

Can u tell me how to view the output from portalapp.xml in NWDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you open portalapp.xml, you will have run button near 'default' component. Click on it. This launches the page for output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini.

Thx for every thing. But i still got a problem.

When I clicked on run button near 'default' component in opened portalapp.xml, I received following error:

Portal Runtime Error

iView not found: vikrant.new.logon.default.

Exception id: 04:53_21/02/08_0005_4881550

What does it mean what i have to do now.

Do I need to change the name of jar file from "com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_api.jar" to "vikrant.new.logon_api.jar" ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. You shouldn't do that. Check the log file for the any other trace. Did you import the original par only? If so, that shouldn't give error. Try to download original logon par again and import into studio. Now check the output.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini.

I have completed all tasks carefully. After restarting the EP server, I also found that the file "vikrant.new.logon.par" which I placed in the "......\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd" folder is converted to "vikrant.new.logon.par.bak". A new folder "vikrant.new.logon" is also created in the ".....\irj\root\portalapps" folder which contains the same content as in original folder "com.sap.portal.runtime.logon" folder.

So I think this means that the new authentication file "vikrantauthschemes.xml", which has references to new app "vikrant.new.logon", is working.

But I don't understand what the problem because I m still receiving the same error, as following:

-

Portal Runtime Error

-

What to do now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the par is converted to bak file, it happens for all deployments. It is not because of authschemes. Instead of repeating the steps, check deploying the com.portal...logon par again and set its corresponding authschemes file. Now this should load the logon page. Check it out. After it works, then redo the steps for custom logon.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already done that. When I deploy the original par file, the logon screen appears. But when I deploy my customised par file the error occurs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If that is the case, I suggest you can try the options in my second reply to this post. Check it and let me know. Please do again.

Regards,

Harini S