cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing iViews at Runtime from Web Dynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts; looking for some help!

Is it possible to modify the properties of a Portal iView from Web Dynpro ABAP? Specifically, we would like the act of clicking a button in the Web Dynpro ABAP to hide an iView (close it or whatever), or otherwise change which iView it is u2013 or really anything like that dynamically.

I can get into more specifics as to why we need to do this if needed (and it would be a HUGE advantage for us).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the iView is within the page then you can surely hide the iview on a button click.

In the View context add a variable of type WDY_VISIBILITY, and on button click action change this property to true or false based on the requirement.

If this isn't the requirement, provide more details of the requirement like What is the source iview, and which iview you want to hide on button click and where is the iview located ( is it in same page or somewhere out there in Portal )?

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking the time to reply Pramod; I will be more specific.

We have two Web Dynpro ABAP applications in completely separate iView Portal objects. The first iView is on one system, letu2019s call that ERP1. The second iView could be on one of two other systems, letu2019s call them ERP2 and ERP3. So two iViews on one page (or role) u2013 displayed to the user on one screen simultaneously.

When clicking a button (or lead selection or something) on the ERP1 iView, we need to dynamically have the other iView on the page switch between the ERP2 iView or the ERP3 iView. We only know at runtime in the ERP1 iView whether or not the other iView should be ERP2 or ERP3. So for example, if I click row one in the ERP1 iView u2013 the other iView would run a WDA on ERP2, then when I click row two in the ERP2 iView u2013 the other iView would run a WDA on ERP3. Make sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kristjan,

This can be acheived by using the concept "Portal Eventing". Basically, using the concept of Portal Eventing, you can communicate between two different iViews when they are in the same page and are running on the same domain. Do a little research on Portal Eventing and it might be what you are looking for. But, I am not sure of how far this will fulfill your requirement of hiding the complete iView rather than just a View.

Let us know if you require any further information.

Regards,

Gopal.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As gopal mentioned you can use Portal Eventing or make use of Object Based Navigation.

In this case, in iview 1 you will have 2 different buttons with one calling action on ERP2 and other button calling iview on ERP3.

By default make the buttons disabled or invisible and when all the required infomation is passed on to ERP1 iView make the button Visible and on click of the button it will open ERP2 or ERP 3 iview.

Search in SDN for the OBN in WD4A.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

piyush_kumar6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you have written:

we would like the act of clicking a button in the Web Dynpro ABAP to hide
 an iView (close it or whatever)

So please let me know you want to hide or .... which iview ?? the iview on which you

clicked button or some other iview ??

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

This would be for hiding a different iView from where the button is clicked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not do this from WDA. May be you can hide an iview using JS but you can not use JS in WDA.