cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing delta process of custom datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a custom datasource, and there are only 2 delta processes by extractor that I can choose from, AIE and ADD. Depending on whether I choose "New Status for Changed Records" or "Additive Delta", I will get delta process of type AIE or ADD, respectively. However, I actually want a delta process of type AIED (After-Images with Deletion Flag Via Extractor). What should I do in order to change delta process type to AIED?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as far as i know, you can only choose one of the two options given. there's no way you can change this.

if the record that is deleted has a deletion indicator, you can use this to handle the deletion in BI...

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you. It's strange, given that there are standard datasources that support delta processes by extraction other than AIE or ADD.

Could you tell me how to change delta process to the one that uses delta queue (e.g., AIMD) ?

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's strange, given that there are standard datasources that support delta processes by extraction other than AIE or ADD.

not that strange i would say...those standard extractors have a logic implemented to handle this, whereas for such a generic extractor no logic can be implemented...

Could you tell me how to change delta process to the one that uses delta queue (e.g., AIMD) ?

not clear to me which info you need...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member241863
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jake Alexander

Generally in Custom DataSources, You only have AIE and ADD.

As I know you cant add AIED in Delta Processes for Custom DataSource.

Normally for this type of issue, we delete the DSO data and reload full load.

Thanks

Pratyaksh Jeet