cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a 7.0 query variant via ABAP in RSRPARAMETRIZA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we are trying to change a 7.0 query variant via an ABAP.

We have been unable to find a suitable function module or class, so we are now trying to directly change the variant in table RSRPARAMETRIZA (field "content", which seems to contain an XML string encoding of the variant's variable values).

So far we have encountered 2 problems with this approach:

1. Directly writing an XML string (build by our ABAP coding) makes the query dump upon execution.

We have compared our "custom build" string with the ones the BEx Analyzer is creating, and they seem to be identical regarding their structure. Nevertheless something is wrong with our string...

2. Sometimes it seems the XML structure of the string is changing, depending on whether the variant is created in RSRT, BEx Broadcaster or BEx Analyzer...

Any hints / suggestions?

Anyone knowing a better way to programmatically change 7.0 query variants?

Thanks & best regards,

Hendrik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrick,

Please correct me if I am assuming something wrong !!

You are trying to change the saved variable values (variant) through ABAP. If Yes, try the RSRVARIANT table to update the variable value.

All you need is the UID (Advance tab of query designer) of the query, VARIANT name and the variable name.

- Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is only for BEx 3.x query variants.

For our 7.0 variants there are no entries in RSRVARIANT.

The table to use is RSRPARAMETRIZA in 7.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree, but I was suggesting is to use RSRVARIANT table because it is easy to maintain.

You can create the variant through 3.x BEx Analyzer as well. Now I would assume that if you are trying to change the variant through ABAP, you do not want user to control this variant from BEx Analyzer.

If that is the case, you can run the query (Create in 7.0 query designer) in 3.x BEx Analyzer and create a variant and maintain that variant going forward.

If the suggested solution doesn't work for you, then please explain me the use of changing the variant in your case.

- Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Must check this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

yes, this is exactly our topic (using Information Broadcaster, which only accepts 7.0 query variants).

I see the coding inside the document you referenced is a bit different than the coding we are using, so maybe we can try this one...

Thanks & BR,

Hendrik