cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to the DSO and Info cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i want to do some changes to the DSO and info cube and in this time i need to allow the users to get the data i.e., i dont want the down time. how can i do this?.

do i need to create the copy of the DSO and info cube and send all the data to this newly created DSO and info cubes and also i will copy all the queries of the old DSO and info cube and i will give access to these DSO and info cube data. after completion of the changes i will allow users to access the data from old DSO and info cube? is it ok or i need to follow any some other procedure ? please suggest?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on how long will it take to deploy. ( Transport)

One doubt: I believe you are doing changes in dev system and are moved by transport. So, the original objects are not modified until you transport the changes.

Capture the changes necessary and move it to production during non-business hours.This will impact no-one.

One situation: Assume that the users created queries based on this DSO or infocube, your option of making copy cubes and DSOs will not be useful and also you have to assign authorizations for the new objects.

Br,

H

Answers (0)