cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in the initial logon page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to change the look and feel of initial logon page. I have imported com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par in to NWDS. I made some changes in one of the text file and uploaded the par file to portal server.

Now it seems that i lost my login page and it gives me portal runtime error. I have the backup of the original com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par file.

Can anyone has faced this problem and what is the solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance !

Bhavesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To regain the original login page, place the original .par file (without .bak extension) in the directory

...\usr\sap\EPD\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd\

the path might be slightly different for your system.

Then restart the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Your input is very helpful but not sure why it's not working. I did copied the backup par file in PCD directory and removed .bak extension and restated the Portal.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

Can you elaborate on what changes you have tried on your logon PAR.?

What were you trying for?

Regards

GG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soory i forgot to mention about version. I have portal version as EP6 - SP9

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

I dont think there should be a problem if you have done everything as per the documentation.

Well, what have u changed? Have you tried changing the image etc or the name of the PAR file etc.

If u tried changing the images, were there path correct etc.

Always the best way is that, whenevr you are changing the logon PAR, re-name the new PAR to your PAR (and not use SAP there and instead write your company name instead of SAP in the PAR name). and then also change the authscheme.xml file from config tool to make entry for you file name and remove SAP's logon from there.

in this way, you will be working with your own file and not overwriting the SAP's logon.

Also do check when you opeaned from NWDS and deployed back, did you by mistake deleted some thing or changed the portalapps.xml.

Right now, if you are not able to even login, the only solution would be to replace the original PAR in file system and re-start the server.

Regards

Gaurav

Message was edited by: Gaurav Gandhi