cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed characteristic length is not reflecting in infosource and cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I have an info object "JOB Number" type "char" of length "15". We have data in respective cubes and ODS's which are having this job number. Now i have changed the length to "20", when i am trying to load data i am getting the error messages as "DDIC_STRUCLENG_INCONSISTENT"..and the detailed error as follows.

The system discovered an inconsistancy trying to access the description. and this situation may arise from changes being made to the structure at program runtime.

waiting for swift response..

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

if the activation of your infoobject was sucessful there shouldn't be any other issue with it. At what stage of loading do you get the error message? What is the source system? Let us know!

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi,

Source system is flatfile and we are getting this problem at ODS level. The message as "According to ABAP load the structure should have been 15 bytes long, but accoring to ABAP dictionary at runtime the structure is actually 20 bytes long at program run time" .

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh did you try what Robert had suggested?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Once you are in SE14, choose the dictionary object 'tables', and fill in the table name (for which there is inconstency) and choose "edit", processing type (direct), choose (save data), processing type "activate and adjust database). Hopefully it should solve it.

Cheers,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

I have checked the table using SE14 for in-consistancies. But i found there is no inconsiatncies in that table.

Can we change the length of characteristic if data is available in cubes and ODS's in which this field exists???

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Have you tried using RSRV (for ODS Objects), hopefully it may let you correct the error as well.

Thanks,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

sure you can change this and in BW think about, the field is not contained in any cube. This is all about the sids. I think you need to maintain your transfer rules again and activate it. After that it should work again, because the source system flat file does not reflect changes to sap dictionary objects.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi,

Yes i need to activate transfer rules. But for system defined info sources i have replicated them from data mart. When i was trying to change and activate transfer rules , there is no activate button in transfer rules.

Could u plz suggest me how can i acivate transfer rules for infosource with prefix 8.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

I think in production you will not be able to see the activate button in prd system.Thus after replication the data source activate your transfer structure using RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL.

I hope it will help

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohini,

Is there any program to activate transfer rules. I hope then only the changes will get replected.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL will activate your TR also.

I hope it helps.

If yes then dont forget to reward points

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

you can use the abap 'RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL' to activate your transfer rules.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohini and Siggi,

Its very helpful reply. And i am getting through in production. Seems now its working fine.

Rohini i rewarded points to u. Sorry siggi I received same answer what u suggested bit early from Rohini.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

try to adjust your DB field via SE14...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for u r swift reply Roberto, could you please tell me indetail..

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Delete your previous data and upload data once again.

Regards,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 3 years data rohini.its impossible to delete.