Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the order list into DROPDOWN BOX in WAD reports

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello gurus!

I have an user requeriment, thats consist in to give them the possibility to change the data order list into the DROPDOWN BOX item in WAD Report....

Do you know how I can do it? with java or html I will do it? What can I do!!! HELP HELP!!!

Thanks a lot

BR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What order does user want? If the dropdown is driven by a query, then change the propoerty of the object in the query to be sorted according to your desired results. (ascending.descending by key or text)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the report from which the drop down box display the values , right click on the characteristics

which you want to display in the drop down box and in the sort order select the descending or

Ascending which ever you need and then display in the drop down box.

In case if you feel, when you execute the report it should not be displayed in the descending order

then create a copy of the report and then make the sort order property to Descending and assign it to the

Drop down box data provider.

Regards

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not gotten an answer

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello!

Where can I do it? Because, I have analyzed the object and didnt see anything where I can do it....

The users want to see for example: combo box = date = 2008, 2007, 2006 (as list) not 2006, 2007, 2008

I know that we can do the sort into the table, but I dont know how I can do it into the dropdown box or combo box...

and in VC, doesnt works too.

Can you help me, please???

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

in WAD I have not found solution, however in VC we can use the sort operation