Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change sourcce - Effect on custom SQL

former_member212706
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a webi report which uses universe with custom sql . somehow we lost the universe . We have a similar universe in the server . I have a doubt here.

What happens to the "Custom SQL" when you change the source to the similar universe using "Change source" option? Will the custom sql still work or it reverts back to original sql form universe?

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh ,

if you change the object then the custom sql will be lost , so better save the custom sql and if you have same fields as previous universe then it should work for you

former_member212706
Participant
0 Kudos

Since we lsot the universe am unable to get the custom sql . But the objects are exactly same. So just wanted to confirm if change source option disturbs the custom sql.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

if you Redirect the data source then defiantly   custom SQL will change it will go to default SQL.

save the  Previous custom SQL and use the same if you have same objects and their data types

Regards,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it will get changed to default query  and you need to put the CUSTOM SQL again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you recover the SQL by using the DataProviderSQL function on a blank report tab?

Just build the appropriate formula in a blank cell and you might be able to recover the sql from there.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreeing with others, here a SAP KBA about this:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1855903

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I think you can verify is by creating a similar report(same dimension,measures etc) based on that universe you have on your server compare the query from both reports and do the changes that are in custom sql then compare both reports in terms of data.

if the data looks similar, then yes you can use that universe and edit the custom query and if not then check for the universe.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Shardendu Pandey