cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a 0country and 0Region which are used by many data targets.

By mistake one of my collegues has changed both the objects to 'Text Time Dependent'

Now the Description of the object is not seen in any of the reports.

To change the object back to Text time independent..do we need to delete the data from all the cubes and ODS?

Or is there a way where we can revert the changes back without deleting the data in data targets.

Also these objects are used as attributes, Nav. attributes and compounding in many other infoobjects. Do we also need to delete the master data for these.

If there is any other way without deleting the data in data targets please let me know.

thanks,

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

I would follow these steps:

1. First try removing the "time-dependent" check and activate. It might throw a warning but just ignore it.

2. If the activation did not work and the problem perists I would load the text again but with Datefrom as '19000101' and DateTo as '20991231'. This way almost all the date range is covered. You can assign the date as constant in your transfer rules.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

TIME DEPENDENT IS VIEWS IN EXTRACTED CORPORATE DATA WARE HOUSE.IN MASTER DATA The respective tables no longer exist

change run, attribute realignment run, hierarchy change Reason and Prerequisites Under certain circumstances THEN CHECK THE OPTION IN REALOGN MENT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalyan,

Did you load the data to ODS or Cube after the master data modification, If yes then yes you have to delete the data before revert back the changes otherwise change and activate it will be alright.

Let me know .

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalyan,

You don't have to delete the data from all the master data objects where these infoobjects are used.

When we are changing the text properties, we are changing only the text table ( t table), so shouldn't have much problems. First try this. Go to Infoobject maintenance screen and remove the 'text time dependent' check mark and try to activate it. and see if it activates. IF it does then you are good...

Else, you have to delete the data in the data targets where these infoobjects are used...

Good Luck

Gova

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try changing this master data object without deleting the data from data target. Run attribute change run if you do any changes in master data object or attribute. It should work fine.