cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change binding of Standard SAP Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All - I need to change the binding of a Standard SAP field in WD.

I have a Standard Field bind to a Standard SAP Structure but the Binding does not have the correct field that my client required. The correct field is another field in the same structure.

I already populate the correct value in the structure using the correct BAdIs but I want to bind that Standard Field with the field that has the correct value. (also a standard field)

I go to enhancement framework and I don't have the S_DEVELOP Authorization (meaning I'm not SAP)

How I can change the binding or how I can overwrite the value of that field?

thanks!

Jason PV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The S_DEVELOP auth isn't a flag that you are an SAP developer - it just restricts the type of development access that you have.

It could well be that you don't have (for goodness knows what reason) authorisation to do enhancements. Check with your Basis/NetWeaver team or whoever assigns authorisation and ask them for the missing auth.

Good luck with the big wide world of enhancements!

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do have authorization to do enhancement, I have done a lot of enhancements but I have never been in the need of changing a context binding of a standard SAP web Dybpro Object.

I'm in enhancement mode already.

I just need to bind the UI Element value with XYZ Field.

SAP Structure

Field A (currently bind)

Field XYX

I need to change the binding to XYZ

thanks!

Jason PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris - I know that we can't change the binding directly in the UI Attributes but any ideas on how to change the binding dynamically maybe in a POST-EXIT of WDDOINIT or something?

thanks!

Jason PV

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

OK, so I'm a little confused what S_DEVELOP had to do with anything then!

The easiest way is to right click on table, and select "Create Binding" this will give you a list of the fields of the bound context. Choose the one that you want, this will create a new column in the table. Use the move "Up" functionality to get this column into the position you want it in the table. You should then be able to "Remove Column Group" for the entry that you want to replace.

Would be nice to just be able to change the binding though

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great thinking Chris!

my UI element in this case is a DropDown By Key

Thanks!

Jason PV

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah- so not in a table?

Same logic - just add the UI element that you want, and remove the one that you don't. Obviously, doing this may have implications for the flow logic of the application - so you may have to code for that. But should be pretty simple.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome way to approach my requirement. First thing I'll do in the morning tomorrow!

I will let you know tomorrow how it goes.

thanks!

Jason PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris!

Answers (0)