cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenges with the TREX Stack 14 with Windows 2003 Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been struggling with the TREX installation on Windows 2003 server and are note able to get the green icon for the HTTP server.

I have been searching this Forum and seen a lot of topics on this issue, but unfortunately I am not able to solve it.

On my server I have installed the following components:

EP stack 14

SAP R/3

SAP ITS

If anyone have any ideas of how to solve my case - I will be very pleased

Regards

Kay-Arne S. Aarlie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kay-Arne,

please submit a support message and grant remote access to your system. I supect a collision of ITS and TREX HTTP Server, but that is only speculation.

Regards,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten

I tried the last post in the following thread:

And I am no able to see the HTTP server for the Trex, but unfortunately I am not able to use the ITS for SAP Transactions.

Any ideas why this does not work

Regards

Kay-Arne

0 Kudos

Hi Kay-Arne,

SAP Note No. 811369 might describe your problem.

See the note for details or just try the solution as stated there:

1. Start the IIS Management console

2. Navigate to the <HostId>(local computer) -> Web Sites and open "Properties".

3. Go to the tab "Services" and check the flag "Run WWW service in IIS 5.0 isolation mode"

4. Restart IIS with the command <i>iisreset</i>.

It is set to validity "TREX 6.0", but I believe is also still valid vor 6.1.

Regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten.

I have tried this note before - and it does not help me.

There are some problem when using the ITS and the TREX with IIS 6.0, and if i remove the wgate.dll from the ISAPI filter (web sites - properties), then I am able to see the HTTP server and the trex works just fine, but then again the ITS does not work. And if I have the wgate in th ISAPI the Trex does not work, but then the ITS works.

Confusing enough....

Regards

Kay-Arne

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kay-Arne,

could you please create a support message (component is BC-TRX).

Best regards,

Mikhail Sirotkine

TREX Development Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I posted a message yesterday, but have not got any feedback - I will send you the number in an email.

Thanks

Kay-Arne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have managed to solve this issue

First i set the security settings for my trex_instance folder "C:\usr\sap\trex_06". Here i added the user IWAM_"MyHost" which is the "Launch IIS Process Account". Gave it the permissions for "Read & Execute, List Folder Content, Read" and then hit the button "Advanced" - selected the user once more and "Apply" - "OK" - "OK".

In the IIS and its properties for Web Sites and Services i set the checkbox for "Run WWW service in IIS 5.0 isolation mode".

Restarted the IIS and the TREX HTTPServer went green and I was also able to use the ITS.

Regards

Kay-Arne

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a user IUSER_<Host name> but we do not know the password... How do we get it....

Please Help......