Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate Path for Kafka connection in SAP Data Intelligence

Ajinkya_Jadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

While creating Kafka connection in SAP Data Intelligence, we want to use the TLS and we have to provide the path of the certificate.

But the question is where we have to save the certificate and which path is to be provided. I already tried storing the certificate in Tenant Workspace and providing the path but it ends up with the error message saying no file or directory found.

Could you please help me out here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ajinkya_Jadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

For the people who searching for answer

The certificates should be kept in files/ca in System Management Tenant Workspace.

But while giving the path the files should be replaced with vrep.

For example, if you store the certificate.pem in files/ca, the original path will be files/ca/certificate.pem but you should mention vrep/ca/certificate.pem in the kafka producer and kafka consumer operator path configuration.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Accordingly to https://help.sap.com/viewer/ca509b7635484070a655738be408da63/Cloud/en-US/95b577f233ea4546ac7620b607f... you should store it in the `files/ca` catalogue in Tenant Workspace.

Ajinkya_Jadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Witalij,

Thanks for your response.

As I mentioned in the query. I have already stored the certificate in tenant workspace but as when we execute the graph it gives error as no file or directory found

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

ajinkyaj1904, yes, you wrote about uploading to Tenant Workspace, but because you did not mention the `ca` directory explicitly, I decided to include the link with that info.

If you added a required certificate there, have you tried not-specifying any path in Kafka connection? I haven't tried Kafka, but at least with HANA connection it was enough for me to make the certificate available.

Ajinkya_Jadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Witalij for the explanation. I will check on my side what is the issue.

RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check the Blog - Secure the Ingress for DH 2.7 or DI 3.0. There is a dedicated store for the certificates in Data Intelligence.

Best Regards Roland

Ajinkya_Jadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the blog. We have installed DI in AWS. We have the required certificate which is to be uploaded but I am still not sure what path is required over there and where can we store the certificate. Could you please clarify more? Thanks in advance