cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate based authentication in MDK client

RKJ
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I enabled the certificate based authentication and configure the branded settings as well. Build MDK client app and install it on my android device successfully now the MDK Client must detects a valid certificate installed on the device and connects to the SAP BTP but no certificate pop up appears on the screen and the app navigated to Login page. I followed the tutorial for building custom mdk client and completed all the steps but not sure about the certificate. Do i need to install a certificate to android device or the client will fetch existing certificate. I’ll appreciate the help here if someone has any solution for this please share. I already have spent 3 days in finding the solution but no luck so far.

SAP BTP SDK for Android 

View Entire Topic
bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, the certificate must be installed on the device.  It will not fetch it from somewhere else it must already exist on the device.

yogesh_0011
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hey @bill_froelich, thanks for your reply, if you could share some reference on how to install a certificate and which type of certificate will this MDK Client require because in my android device there are multiple certificates already exists. I created a keystore to sign my build when building it with cloud build feature from mobile service cockpit. Also have created some ".cert" and ".pem" with openssl cmd. Please help me with some more knowledge on this really appreciate your help here.
bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
What type of certificate will depend on your identity provider supports and wants.