cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBTA Fiori Windows Internet Explorer PopUp windows issue

0 Kudos

CBTA is unable to record the Windows Internet Explorer Popup window. I am able to record the Create Purchase Order through Fiori application. Once PO created successfully, I am planning to exit from the Create Purchase order tile. When click the exit button, i see a windows internet explorer popup windows displays and it says that "Are you sure you want to leave this page with 2 option . 1. Leave this Page and 2.Stay on this page.

but CBTA is not recording anything when either click Leave this page or Stay on this page.

Can you please let me know how to handle this situation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

vijayjeethuri
Participant

Hi Shyamal,

If you want to do in the browser itself without logging off - There is another option.

I would say this is not the correct method but you give a try and check it out.

Create a VB file by just adding sendkeys code in the script.

Function Test( PARAMETER1, PARAMETER2, PARAMETER3, PARAMETER4, Options )

Dim objShell Set objShell = CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )

objShell.SendKeys "{TAB}" 'Check it - if you need two tabs - add one more

objShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"

Set objShell = Nothing

End function

Save the .vbs file in the CBASE folder and call it through CBTA_WEB_A_INVOKE_FUNCTION component in the script.

Hope it helps ! This is not right way to automate it !!

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay Jeethuri

former_member83723
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Vijay for the VB code. I implemented Custom component with minor modification to your code and it worked. 🙂

This is what I implemented:

Function Test( PARAMETER1, PARAMETER2, PARAMETER3, PARAMETER4, Options )

Dim objShell

Set objShell = CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )

'objShell.SendKeys "{TAB}" 'Commented this as "Leave this page" was already selected in the pop up

objShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"

Set objShell = Nothing

End function

0 Kudos

Hi Aj,

Thanks for the update. But the above solution you have provided is NOT the best practice.

I know that this will work. but for the composite test (E2E) Login and Logout is not the correct approach. I have already login to the application, then there is no point of logout, instead of that perform all the action and logout at the end of the script.

Thanks

Shyamal

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Shyamal,

You can have login in every individual cbta script meaning:

Step 1: Create Purchase Order

Here you login- perform operation - logout

Step 2: Post Goods Movement

Here you login - perform operation - logout

Similarly you can perform for other CBTA test configuration, there by you each CBTA test configuration can work independently of each other & can be reused.

Thanks,

Aj

0 Kudos

Hi Aj,

Thank for your reply. I tried both the component. but they are closing the browser instead of closing the popup windows.

The idea of exit from the Create Purchase order to exit the tile and we need to the there in the home page for next business process like click the Post goods movement from the inventory navigation.

This is for composite test scenario( E2E ) where we need to execute multiple BPs. like below

Step 1 - Login to Fiori application

Step 2 - Create purchase order (Me21N). By click the exit button, we still be on the home page for subsequent process

Step 3 - Post Goods Movement (MIGO ) - By click the exit button, we still be on the home page for subsequent process

Step 4 - Good Receipt ( MIRO ) - By click the exit button, we still be on the home page for subsequent process

Step 5 - Display Purchase Order (ME23N) - ( Validate GR and IR ) and Exit from FIORI application

I am using Internet explorer.

Have you ever encountered this issue ever.

Please help me out.

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you come out of the tile into the home screen & then try logout, Generally within the Fiori application when I logout I do not get any windows popup asking for confirmation. You can also try using below component

CBTA_WEB_A_CloseWindow

CBTA_WEB_A_LogOff

Thanks,

Aj

0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I am using Windows 10 and Internet explorer.As per the mentioned above it says that supports Internent explorer as well.

I tried all the different option using different CBTA WEB component like set focus, checkproperty etc. but no luck. Object Spy also not working. CBTA_WEB_CLICK component is also not working.

Appreciated if anyone help me out on this.

Thanks

Shyamal

S_Sriram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar.

1. Have you tried different browser? in Google chrome or IE Edge? not on IE11.

2. Refer below screenshot and SAP recommended browser Fiori client.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/5d3ae4aa1f174b2cb6ec625c93ef8884/1808/en-US/6fe2e50973704e24bc08d02cc12f...

Regards

SS