cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATT's and Solution Manager 3.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i'm implementing SAP ECC 5.0 with SolManager 3,2.

In the SOLAR02 transaction, in the "test case" tab of a process step, i want to assign a Test Case of type "CATT";

Is it possible to assign a CATT already created in the Solution manager instance? I mean, i dont want to assign or create a CATT from another system.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all of you for your help.

Yes, it works as designed. No CATT's could be assigned centrally, only Manual test configurations and eCATT test configurations.

So, i went with eCATT's and i'm very pleased with the result, a great improvement over std CATT's

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is possible.

In the "Central Objects" tab of your project settings, ensure that the Solution Manager instance is set as the location for CATTs.

Regards

Jon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Jonathan!

I already tried that, but the only objects i could set centrally for saving in the SolManager system are:

1. eCATT test configuration

2. Manual test cases

I could not assign standard CATT's to be saved centrally in the SolManager.

I do not know if this is a std feature (and CATT's could not be assigned to be saved centrally) or if i'm doing something wrong. Any help is most welcomed.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

during the Test-Days at DSAG a SAP lecturer told that eCATT was the (completly? rewritten?) successor of the old 4.6C based CATT.

May be it works as designed and you should search not for a simple relocation but for a migration of CATT (local on satellite system) to eCATT on SolMan system.

Bye