cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case sensitive password in ECC6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm using the below code to connect to SAP ECC6 system. The below code works fine when the SAP Logon password is all caps. But, when the password is mixed case I get an Error Message.

* SAPHD hd = SapConnc(argv, sapsys, client, cadsys, user, passw, langu, vers, msg);*

As ECC 6 is case-sensitive, does anyone know any workaround to make sure that case-sensitive password login works from external application on ECC6.0 also.

Thanks in advance,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved by changing SapConnc() call with rfcopen call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't understand you in the first.

I don't know way to do what you need - To cause sap to ignore case sensitive password, maybe this is impossible.

If you still want that to work you can consider:

1. Use the profile parameter login/password_charset to make sure that password will include only CAPITAL letters.

according to SAP HELP:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/41c43ac23cef2fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

2. I don't really know the function you used. Check again if there is no other function, or option to include case sensitive password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

After setting the Profile Parameter login/password_downwards_compatibility on SAP server the login is successful.

However, I would like to avoid changing/editing Profile parameter on SAP server. So is there a way to make my C++ code login to SAP server ECC 6.0 with sapConnc() call.

SAPHD hd = SapConnc(argv, sapsys, client, cadsys, user, passw, langu, vers, msg);

Also interestingly, connection using SAP Jco library doesn't face any issue and the case-sensitive logins are successful even without adding the profile parameter stated above.

I've tried this using LibRfc32.dll version 6.4 and 7.

Can someone throw some light on this.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone help me out with the above issue.

Thanks in advance,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check parameter

login/password_downwards_compatibility

according to sap help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/d2/141fb593c742b5aad8f272dd487b74/frameset.htm

Specifies the degree of backward compatibility to be achieved. The default value is 1, where the values have the following meaning:

Caution

With login/password_downwards_compatibility = 0, passwords are stored in a format that systems with older kernels cannot interpret. The system only generates new (backward incompatible) password hash values.

The system also generates backward compatible password hash values internally, but does not evaluate these for password-based logons (to its own system). This setting is required if this system is used as the central system of a Central User Administration that systems that only support backward compatible password hash values are also connected to the system group.

The system also generates backward compatible password hash values internally, which it evaluates if a logon with the new, non-backward compatible password failed. In this way, the system checks whether the logon would have been accepted with the backward compatible password (truncated after eight characters, and converted to upper-case). This is recorded in the system log. The logon fails. This setting is to allow the identification of backward incompatibility problems.

As with 2, but the logon is regarded as successful. This setting is to allow the avoidance of backward incompatibility problems.

As with 3, but no entry is created in the system log.

Full backward compatibility: the system only creates backward compatible password hash values.

Available after SAP NetWeaver 6.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moshe,

Thanks for your quick response.

I want to know where and how to add/edit this profile parameter that you have described here?

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

It can be done through RZ10 > Select the instance profile>Extendended Maintainence

Create Parameter--> Enter the parameter name > enter the value> Save >Activate the profile> Restart the Server.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which instance profile should I select? How will i know which one to select?

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 3 profiles in SAP

1.DEFAULT

2.INSTANCE

3. START

when u will go to RZ10 and press F4 on the profile you will get the name of Profile, from there you can select the instace profile, if there are more then one server such as CI and DI also then you will get 2 Instance and 2 Start profile. So you have to change into both Instance.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created login/password_downwards_compatibility parameter and assigned value 5 to it. Still my code is not able to make connection to the SAP server with mixed case password.

Can anyone let me know what needs to be done. My code is in C++ and i'm connecting to SAP with SapConnc call.

SAPHD hd = SapConnc(argv, sapsys, client, cadsys, user, passw, langu, vers, msg);

Is this the right way, or any other laternative is available to do connect to SAP Server.

Regards,

Naveen