cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading prompts in Business View Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a questions regarding data sources connectivity in business view manager.

I am trying to use Excel sheet as a data source and created data connection,Data Foundation,Business Element,business View and then List of Values and Prompt Groups.

When i tried to used this as a dynamic prompt in my crystal report,there are no drop down values shown...Just a text box is displayed.

Regards,

Diptesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahnawaz ,

even if i use the ODBC connection the values are not displayed in crystal report.

do i need to write any queries in crystal report environment for the same?

Regards,

Diptesh

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to write SQL queries to see LOVs.

Did you try scheduling the LOV in BVM? Do you get an error?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not getting any error while scheduling.

regards,

diptesh

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. If you don't see any error in the schedule status, what other status do you see?

P.S: Could you go to the Data Foundation > right click one of the fields and select browse. Do you see any values?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diptesh,

Whats the type of connection you are using for your Data connection is it odbc or oledb or dao?

Whats the version of your MsExcel?

If you are using MsExcel 2010  and OLEDB connection I would suggest you to use ODBC.

And if its not then what Abhilash has suggested would help

-Shahnawaz

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diptesh,

Could you try scheduling the LOV in Business View Manager and check the Status; does it Sucess or does it show any error?

To schedule the LOV, right-click then select Schedule LOV. Then double-click the LOV and check the status message.

-Abhilash