cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing the approval form status on SAP BPA (Build Process Automation)

Isyraf_Afifi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a question about SAP Build Process Automation (BPA). If I create an approval form with options to approve or reject, can I capture the approval status and integrate it with SAP Build Apps?

Specifically, I want to display statuses such as 'Approved', 'Rejected', and 'Pending' in SAP Build Apps using the form. 'Approved' if the user clicks approve, 'Rejected' if the user clicks reject, and 'Pending' if the user hasn't clicked approve or reject yet.

I only acknowledged about taking the status of a whole process and what I want it the status inside the process which is the approval form.

My guess is that we can retrieve the status by create an action. If so, how the configuration will be? Or are there any existing functionalities within SAP BPA for capturing and retrieving approval form status, like using output of the form?

Best regards,
Isyraf

View Entire Topic
Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello @Isyraf_Afifi , 

If you want to check the status of the User Task outside the process, then you can use Task APIs - with which you can get the task status as READY, RESERVED, CANCELED, COMPLETED based on the respective task instance ID.

If you also want to preserve the outcome of the task like Approved or Rejected then you have to get it added in the Process Context like you can have a explicit option Button say "Approve" or "Reject" and user has to explicitly select that besides selecting the button OR if you have SAPUI5 based user task UI then on button click you can call the respective Task API to added the outcome in the process. These are the only two options available as-of-now. In future, the form button outcomes will be available as process context. 

Hope that helps,
Archana

Isyraf_Afifi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

I tried to use the "try out" function from SAP Business Accelerator Hub. After I add an environment, the header adds one more thing which is Authorization:

Isyraf_Afifi_0-1718250751619.png

Where can I get the value of it (bearer undefined) I tried to use "my-url/oauth/token" (The url is from service key) but got 401 

Thanks in advance,

Isyraf