cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture scenarios with xcelsius 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to capture different scenarios for a xcelsius dashboard. I'm using "scenario button" for do this, but the save scenarios only exists in the current dashboard... than means if I load the dashboard again the save scenarios are not there.

I would like to find some way to remain the scenarios in different session and independent how many times the user load xcelsius dashboard.

Thanks in advance.

Jessica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

unfortunately the scenarios are stored locally on the client. So you will not be able to use that component (Official name: Local scenario button component). Refer to the Xcelsius help or to the user guide.

Regards

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor... Thanks for your answer...

But I could see the save scenarios in the same computer where I save them?? if this is true I can´t do it...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

you can't share scenarios between Xcelsius Models, even if the Xcelsius models are on the same local machine. See the quote from the help:

The scenarios created are specific to each visualization. As such, two visualizations can have scenarios with the same names without interfering with one another.

The visualization can be moved or renamed on the same computer and will still be able to access its saved scenarios.

Scenarios saved in preview mode will not persist outside of the preview session. This includes snapshots and exporting to PowerPoint or to Outlook.

Note: Local scenarios created on one computer will not be accessible to the visualization if it has been emailed or moved to another computer.

Regards

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

This clarification is helpful. I have a related ? issue and could not find any other area / thread. So, here goes.

I have model that uses a Label Based Menu and selective visibility to present several views of the model. If I Save a scenario, then go back later and Load the scenario, the retrieved information is not visible from one view [menu tab] to the next until I make some change on that view, or at least click in each text box.

I thought Reset might help, but that does not seem the case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue, when using tabbed menu and entering / manipulating data using a Grid. Each cell had to be modified - or at least selected - before that info would be visible from another Tab.

I migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7 and had to reinstall Xcelsius. Following that, there's not been any problem with the data. When I open a Scenario, it loads all the Tabs / Grids without any further action.

Believe that I am on the latest update of Xcelsius 2008.

Good luck ... and if there's ever a fix to the problem of moving Saved Scenarios to other machines, that would be great. My clients look at me with amazement when I tell them that the scenarios we generated in a 2 day workshop can't be moved to their machine. So, for now, we take screen captures and build a PowerPoint deck as part of the workshop deliverable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navigator72:

In March, you wrote that you "... migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7 and had to reinstall Xcelsius. Following that, there's not been any problem with the data....." Other discussion threads speak to a pervasive inability to load Xcelsius into a Windows 7 environment. How did you do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding saving scenarios that can be shared among different users, it is certainly possible, but it's not simple to set up. It's explained [here|http://blog.davidg.com.au/2011/03/saving-scenarios-in-xcelsius.html] in lots of detail.

Have fun!