Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP Multi-tenancy - Get logs of failed update subscription

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a multi-tenancy CAP application . Deployment was successful , but the subscription failed . There was a typo in one of the .hdb files. But , the logs in the subscription service did not specifically provide the cause of database deployment failure. How can I get the logs of database deployment upon update subscription ?

Sreehari

eckart_liemke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi! As we have two multitenancy libraries currently, which one are you using: @sap/cds-mtx or @sap/cds-mtxs. What exactly do you mean with "update subscription"?

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

eckart.liemke I must rephrase the question.

I have a CAP multi -tenancy project with inbuilt subscription capabilities.

I deployed the project , with new database artifacts in it. Then , I opened "Subscription management dashboard" , chose the subscriber tenant and triggered "Updated" - A PUT call is then triggered against the subscription url as in mta.yaml.

Then the database deployment started. That has failed due to an error in one of the native artifacts i created under db->src folder. When I check the application log, it has a one-liner says "HDI Make failed". No other information about it.

if it was normal CAP project ( single tenancy ) , I could check the db-deployer log to get the complete logs of db deployment. How can I see this for a mtx db deployment ( which occurs upon update of subscription from subscription management dashboard ) ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marcmaurí
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sreehari.vpillai,

As you mention in your comment, it is weird that the logs we get in a single tenant application are not available in a multi-tenant application.

I don't know if there is any way to retrieve the deployment logs, but I have found a workaround.

In the SAP HANA Database Explorer, we have the "indexserver alerts" file that includes all the database errors. There you can find the errors that occur in the model upgrade process.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Marc

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Macrc. This is definitely helpful , and seems the only option as of now.

Answers (0)