cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view folder in the browse tab in Portal Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I am new in using Content Administration. I would like to create an iView in the portal. When i select the Content Administrator > Portal Content, there list of folders cannot be display in the Browse tab for selection. In addition there is an error dialog pop up saying that "Error: Object required" . Without the folders in the "Browse" tab, I cannot create my iView page.

Can advise?

I am currently using EP6.0 with NW2004s version 7.0 SPS11 and my IE is version 6.0.2800.11.06 (SP1) and JRE1.6.0

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you solve your issue.

Restore I.E to default and try.

Thanks,

gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cocomo,

You must be using IP address in portal url that's why you are facing this problem.

You need to add host entry in host file, to add host entry follow below steps

1. Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open host file in notepad or any other editor. In this file you will find one default entry i.e. 127.0.0.1 localhost

below this add your entry it will be your IP address & host name e.g.

192.168.123.234 sapportal (Host name could be anything)

2. Save file (You need administrator rights to do these changes in host file)

now open your Portal url using host name, your url would be like:

http://sapportal:<port>/irj/portal

Hope this will solve your problem

Thanks,

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, you don't have enough permission to work on the Portal Content. Inform your administrator to set the permission for portal content.

<b>To set the permission:</b>

Goto System Administration -> Permissions -> Applications , right click on the folder and open permissions. Then assign the content_admin_role to this folder.

With Regards,

Venkatesh. K

/* Points are Welcome */

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i go to the System Administration, I cannot view the Browse Tab thus I cannot find the Permission.

Btw, when i went to another machine, I can view the folders inside the Browse Tab. But not with my machine. Help.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try accessing the portal with its Host name (not IP address). Also check whether you have proper authorizations(try login with Administrator).

Regards'

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem, using the hostname has solved the problem. Why exactly this works I do not know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same issue

How did you resolve your issue

Regards

Naziem

Former Member
0 Kudos

For my case, I used my IP address in portal url instead of the host name.

for example

http://<ip address of the server>:<port no>/irj

Try it.

Let me know whether it work for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cocomo,

I also think may be you are not having sufficient permissions for this if list of folders rae not coming under browse tab.But a su told that on other machine you are getting with the same userid then just check your browser settings once again aur just simply change your pc .

Thanks,

Anupama