cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view data in Bex Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hihi...

I am currently working on one query, I had restricted the value for the key called "Calendar Day" to a variable called "Report Date". When i run the query in the Bex Analyzer, there are no values prompted out in the Bex Analyzer after I restrict the date. I choose the date: 17-1-2008 to display the results. I checked the multiprovider and there are data for the mentioned date here. But when I excute the query in bex analyzer, there are no records but when I choose the other date such as 7-4-2007, there are results displayed for that particular date. Do you have any idea why is this so?

Thanks you very much!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do the LISTCUBE on the cube and see the data for that particular date....

See whether u have any restrictions on any characteristics if yes... See the data in the MP with those selections...

Khaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

MP is what ar? Actually I create a variable for this calendar date which is a "reporting date". When I select the date, it won't display any records. In the cube, there are relevant date stored.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multi Provider.... U have mentioned in ur previous post that u have checked the data in the multi provider.... Check whether u have any other restrictions on the characteristics... And see in the Cube with those selections.. and also see whether u have anu exits in the querry.....

khaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether I am checking the right thing, when I double click the infoobject calendar day, there is a "filter display", is that relevant to the query used here???

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What kind of variable are you using for 0CALDAY?? Is it user/default or customer exit???

How many other characteristics do you have in your query?? Are you restricting other characteristics also like 0CALDAY???

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

Wht u mean by "filter display" ..??u mean the Filter Restrictions or in DISPLAY TAB of Char.

anyway..u chk whether u have any authorisations...in ur query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...I am using the the variable called "reporting date" for 0CALDAY. Yeah, I even restrict some of the characteristics.

I had attached some screen capture here. You can download here [Bex Analyzer Download here|http://h1.ripway.com/suaiko9999/BexAnalyzer.zip]

The excel sheet is the data from the MultiProvider which is used for the query design. Another 2 screen shots is about the Query Designer of the query and the bex analyzer for that particular query.

Thanks!

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While checking the data in the cube, use all the restrictions that you are using in the query and not just the Calday.

You might be having data for 17-01-2008 in Cube but you might not be having data when you put other values(restrictions or filters used in query) also while checking the data in the cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the other filters in your query; they might be filtering out some data.

By chance, are the records for these dates having 0 value in the keyfigures?