Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot load data into an infocube copy

mark_hwang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

I am trying to create an exact copy of a built-in cube. I was able to create a new cube and create an infopackage. Somehow the data cannot be loaded. There were no error messages either. Does anyone have any idea about what might go wrong or the detailed steps for copying BW objects? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are in BI 7.0 , create DTP between the cubes and load data. DTP is somewhat similar to info package.

Ravi Thothadri

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mark_hwang
Participant
0 Kudos

I post the question in business content and extractors forum and got the problem solved. Please see below if you are interested. Thanks to everybody for your help!

former_member186358
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You may wish to refer the link.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Check the details tab in Monitor, Is it showing red for any process?

Regards.

mark_hwang
Participant
0 Kudos

It's all green. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in RSA3 for the datasource which you used to extract data.

Let Old cube be CUBE1 and new copied cube be CUBE2. so the data source will be 8CUBE1. use 8CUBE1 in RSA3.

If you get data there, you can populate the complete data to your copy cube (CUBE2).

Check the flow

Happy Tony

mark_hwang
Participant
0 Kudos

I ran RSA3 and got 0 data records selected. So how to fix datasource problem? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Do a export generate datasource on the infocube from the context menu and try checking the data in RSA3 for 8<cube name>.

Regards.

mark_hwang
Participant
0 Kudos

OK I just wanted to create a copy of 0D_SD_C03. I went to the cube and generated export datasource. I found 80D_SD_C03 in my datamart subtree. I then replicated datasources. When I used RSA3 to check on the new datasource, 80D_SD_C03, it still gave a 0 data records selected message. What am I missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Which version of BW you are on ??

Regards.

mark_hwang
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry I should have mentioned it. We have 3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to debug the extractor in RSA3 to see if it is ever going to the cube to fetch data? And do you have any other export datasources that are functional or is this the first one on ur box?

And if you are having multiple datamarts, make sure that you are pointing to the right BI system

Message was edited by:

voodi

mark_hwang
Participant
0 Kudos

I have not tried the debug mode but I just ran 80ABCINDICT and it returned 60 records.

mark_hwang
Participant
0 Kudos

OK I replicated all DataSources from Business Content and now the extractor seems to be working (it returned 1000 records for 80D_SD_C03). However, when I tried to load data into the new cube, it stopped and gave a message "Data not received in the PSA table" in the Monitor. On the Detail tab it says 10945 records sent and 0 records received. I tried to install the update rules for this cube in Business Content but still got the same error.

mark_hwang
Participant
0 Kudos

I suspect our BW server is not setup properly. Is there any program we can run to check the server setup?