cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create new WebI reports, only change existing....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all -

BI4 - SP2 - Patch 13

After applying many performance enhancing changes, upping memory etc, we cannot create brand new WebI reports from scratch. We can open WebI, load the query but cannot put the table in the final report.

We can edit existing WebI reports. However, the report places a big red “X” mark in the table columns. If you save the report with these “X” marks and open that as an end user, the report comes up with no issues. Even with that “X” mark during design, we can just remove that by going to the format cell and change the pattern.

Based on all above, it sounds like a missing plug-in file or image when designing the reports from the thin client. Because of numerous changes to the server this week, we cannot pin-point the step that triggered this issue.

Any ideas?

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

would be interesting to know what changes exactly were made and if they made changes to APS/DSL/Charting components.

What exactly happens when you try to create New Webi report ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis - many thanks for the prompt response. I just added a capture lf the screens...

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well, knowing what exactly was changed would be a forst step.

It looks to me some mods to BOE files were done....  never seen this before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we try to create a new webi report in the thin client/webi (Bi launchpad) it lets you connect to BW Bex, drag objects in query mode for first time and it should automatically display the date in webi report which is not happening. When we try to manually drop objects in the webi display area it is not displaying in Table format data - in fact though you drop any object for display it is not displaying any data in the webi report....

Tracking down what exactly was applied.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Denis -

Here's what been applied, outside of added memory etc:

-          BICSLOVChunkSize – 1st set to 5000, then changed to 10000

-          BICSResultChuckSize – 1st set to 100000, then changed to 200000

ssAlso considering:Modify the WebiParamMaxLovSize settings --> Note 1671774

Johannes

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not see how this changes could have produced effects you're seeing. I think you should open a support Incident with SAP for a closer look and better investigation.  Something else is at play here.