cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot create cuser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed EP 6.0 SP9 and the server is up and running .I have logged in with j2ee_admin as the user and I have assigned the user administratrion roles required to the user . I am trying to create a new user with this user id but it is not able to create one . It says "cannot create user " . Why is that ? What role exactly is required to create a user ?

Regards

Deepak Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

goto <b>system administration-system Configuration-UM Configuration-Direct Editing</b>.

there check whether <b>ume.usermapping.unsecure=FALSE</b>.make this property as <b>true</b> and then <b>restart the server</b>.

Regards

Rajeev

Do award points for helpful answers in SDN.

former_member81750
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Deepak

What kind of UME config are you using i.e are you pointing to an LDAP or using the Database as user store or using ABAP as the user store.

Depending on your scenario the service user needs to have suffcient privileges for creating a user. Consider this

DB as UME store: doesn't really need much priveges. The default admin user has enough rights

LDAP as UME store: service user should have rights to write into LDAP directory

ABAP as UME store: typically SAPJSF is the service user which you can see using SU01. A quick test would be to assign SAP_ALL to this user and then see if you are able to create user from portal. Later on you can reduce these privleges by working with a security person.

- Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj ,

I don't have a LDAP server in my landscape .I think I am using DB as UME store . But how do I find out what am i using as an UME store ? Where is this information stored ?

Are u sure that j2ee_admin has the rights to create users ? Do i need to login with same other user (like sap* or ddic) and then create users , ofcourse by first assigning these users the roles for user administration ?

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj ,

I just checked system administration > system configuration > UM configuration . In the data source it shows me "SAP system" . In the SAP system tab it shows me the user id as "SAPJSF". Is this the one you are mentioning ?

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I meant the <b>direct editing tab</b>(right extreme) and not <b>data source tab</b>

Regards

Rajeev.

Do award points for helpful answers in SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev ,

If you notice I replied to Pankaj and not to you . What you are suggesting is for user mapping and not for creation of users . I have tried this earlier and it works fine for that case .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj ,

I did what you suggested but it is not working .

Can someone suggest here what could be an issue . Cmmon guys !

Regards

Deepak singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You should have SuperAdmin or Administrator role to create a new user.

Regards,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick ,

Those are already assigned to j2ee_admin user but still iot dosen't work .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I think your Enterprise Portal - UM installation is not proper,check that.

Regards,

Karthick