cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access "user administration" and UME configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all:

My administrator user cannot open "user administration".it says:"You are not authorized to access this application; contact your system administrator".

I don't know why.after the vacation,it happens. i didn't change anything.(Just the administrator user's password expires,changed),

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Best regards,

delma

Message was edited by:

delma ma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the role user admin assigned to your username. Try logging in using Super Admin.

There is a dependency of the UME and the portal users. In case a password expires the password might not have effected the UME. And that might be a reason the iView is unable to accept your credentials. Try restarting the portal server so that the changes might get affected there.

Regards,

Sujana

Former Member
0 Kudos

restarting the portal solves the problem.

Thank you very much.

Regards

delma

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

richard_howard
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I installed EP7.0 and then did a client copy from 001 to 010 and started adding users through Client 010 but could not see them in UME. I followed the help directions to change the client in the UME config (it defaults to 001 as part of your install).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/49/9dd53f779c4e21e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

It started looking to client 010 but then I had more issues and I had to use ConfigTool to set it back to 001 to do some research. Following my Client Copy, not all of the profiles were generated and my J2EE_ADMIN user had a profile that wasn't active.

After generating the profile, I changed my UME to use Client 010 again and bounced the system. But then I got the ugly error that this thread is discussing:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Naming error

For me, the root cause was again that the profiles in my new Client were not generated and users assigned (I had generated the profiles but hadn't done the user compare). Be sure to follow the help guide for changing the AS ABAP Back-End System for the UME. It's more than just the client setting and refers to the profile generation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/49/9dd53f779c4e21e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Long story short: If you're getting the "Naming Error" that this thread is discussing, and you're using an ABAP Data Source for your UME, check the profile generator for the J2EE_ADMIN and SAPJSF users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Delma,

Try accessing the user admin using

http://<portserver>:port/useradmin

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I cannot open it.And the same error:

Application cannot be started.

Details: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Naming error.

Thank you all the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess this problem is a UME problem.

Because i cannot open the UME configuration .The error page:

Application cannot be started.

Details: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Naming error.

But I still don't know how to solve it.

Anyone has some idea?