cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we make changes in existing records of an infocube?

shalaka_golde
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Earlier the pack code of a material was 5.6.It was then corrected this month to 0.56.Pack code is an attribute of characteristic 0material and is a keyfigure.

0material is being used in our stock cube and because of this issue the consumption figures of the material are appearing incorrectly even though the changes after the correction in the material master was made.But since for consumption we are considering the data from the start the difference in figures still exists since pack code is used in the formula for consumption.It is also not possible to reverse the postings in SAP R/3.Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Shalaka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nilesh_vakil
Participant
0 Kudos

I think you need to do selective deletion and reload the selected data. That will save your time of realoding entire cube.

shalaka_golde
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Nikhil. It worked

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalaka,

I will go with Ganesh comments, it is  better to refresh the cube data and reload it again and don't forget to do Attribute change run before loading the data into the infocube.

Regards,

RameshM

shalaka_golde
Participant
0 Kudos

Attribute change run for 0material runs everyday.And after the changes in pack code the changes are reflecting in the consumption figures.I want the changes to also reflect in the records which were loaded prior to the changes as if the pack code was 0.56 from the beginning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalaka,

You will not able to change History data in Cube, you need to delete and reload for replicating those changed records.

So in such a case use Consumption figures as a attribute of a Master data and then do calculation in query if any...

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalaka,

Do an attribute change run for 0material and check whether the data has been modified in the cube.

Br,

H

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check by running attribute change run and check whether pack code is being updating to target from source or not.

- First load master data and following it load transaction data.

- rvc