cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we Filter List of Values to display in Prompt based on User Viewing the Webi Report 4.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm using BO 4.0 SP04 Patch 6.

I want to display different list of values in prompt for different users. For Example:

Country has list of values such as: "India, US, UK, Germany, Japan".

And there are two Users: "BobjUser1" and "BobjUser2".

Now, i want to display "India, UK, Germany" in the list of values in the prompt for Country Selection when logged in by 'BobjUser1'.

And, i want to display "US, Germany, Japan" in the list of values in the prompt for Country Selection when logged in by 'BobjUser2'.

Can we Filter List of Values to display in Prompt based on the User Viewing the Webi Report 4.0? Possible in Webi?

Thanks in Advance

-PARTHIBAN,

Transaltus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ssa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Parthiban,

Yes we can do this @ universe level by creating row level restrictions...

Once you create restrictions then you have to apply to appropriate group or users..

Hope this helps

Regards,

Shabeer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeer,

Thanks for your Response.

I'm using BICS Connection. (bypassing Universe)

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes we can filter in such case look below

suppose you have two table A and B your A table contain user list and B contain country now create join from A to B and again create one self join for A

and create custom list of value in that use where condition and use user object in that so basically it will filter your value as per users who have that country access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for your Response.

I'm not using Universe inbetween Webi and Bex. So can you explain in webi point of view. Please explain in more words about your filtering idea.

Have A Great Day!!!

-Parthiban,

Transaltus

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ohh this is with universe.. in webi i don't know is it possible or not coz it require some joins