cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we do SFSF Lookup at mapping level in CPI.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have requirement ,where need to do the success factor lookup with O Data protocol and extract the details.

We are implementing this scenario in CPI. I had search for many blogs related to the SFSF lookup in CPI,but no luck.

Could you please help us with the information how we can achieve this in CPI?

Thanks,
Amita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Hi amitasingh,

You could use an Enricher step to perform lookup in CPI from SFSF system.

Please find below the standard document with sample:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/368c481cd6954bdfa5d0435479fd4eaf/Cloud/en-US/8827f9feb94e4264aaf42ac1c6c...

hope this helps !

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amita,

Hope answer provided earlier solved your issue ( which you have asked in this thread ) .Appreciate if you could open new thread to ask different questions which helps community members for better search possibilities.

Regards,

Sriprasad Shivaram Bhat

0 Kudos

Hi Sriprasad,

Thanks for help !!!

Now, we have requirement where under the job_code field we have previous field, now we need to lookup the value from the previous field.Do you have nay idea how we can achieve this.

we have to lookup with 2 value:

1. Job_code (this one is achieved)

2. if under job_code we have the previous value then we need to lookup with that value as a key.

Attached is the screen shot for that.

Thanks,

Amita

previous-jobcode.png

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amita,

Once you model the operation for Communication Channel you have added to Content Enricher it creates XSD ( Schema ).Download that schema and also compound employee schema to form a new schema by editing it manually.

Step 1: Model your Communication Channel for SFSF CompoundEmployee to get schema CompoundEmployee1.xsd

Step 2: Model your Content Enricher Communication channel FO_Paygroup which creates FO_Paygroup_Get0.xsd.

Step 3: Download both the XSD and Create new XSD manually to have enriched data also inside compound employee structure ( automatically this schema doesnt get generated from your Content Enricher Step ).

Step 4: Use the newly created enriched schema in your message mapping to map it respective target field.

Regards,

Sriprasad Shivaram Bhat

0 Kudos

Thanks Sriprasad,

But here my concern is , if I want to apply some logic on the lookup value how it will be possible, since we don't have the .xsd structure for the lookup node.

can you please help me with this , i ahve requirement where the lookup entity is FO_Paygroup and i need to look for the value payfrequency which i am getting successfully but i need to apply some logic on the payfrequency field. But the source entity here is the compound employee and in .xsd structure we do not have this field and moreover we can't add manually.

Thanks,

Amita

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amita,

SAP CPI provides separate step to perform enrichment very similar to SAP PO ( RFC or JDBC Lookup ) where you can pass key value from Source and get the data enriched.

Example for Enrichment Scenario.

In Compound Employee Query you are getting department code and you want to pass parent department and department description also then you can use Content Enricher to enrich the incoming Compound Employee with FODepartment and then create message mapping to normalize the structure.

https://blogs.sap.com/2015/01/16/blog-5-content-enricher-pattern-in-integration-flows/

If you are looking for lookup use case very similar to SAP PO then you need to end up in writing Groovy Script and establish complete connectivity in your Custom Function( which is not recommended ) as you cant call Communication channel from Custom Function ( Similar to SAP PO UDF )

Regards,

Sriprasad Shivaram Bhat

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

We have requirement where we need to performlookup in CPI at mapping level.

Is there a way through which we can achieve this

Thanks,

Amita