cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we delete error records from PSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am loading data from Myself source system to Infocube. I have 10 Laks records. Out of these 10 Lakhs records, only 2 error records were there. Due to this load failed. suppose I have 100 data packets, these two records is there in 98 data packet Now only 98th Data packet is showing RED in Details tab. So Now I want to use the data which is loaded into cube except the Data packet 98. Now my question is , If I change this request in INFOCUBE as GREEN , Can I see the data for records except 2 error records (Data Packet 98). Bcz, I dont have time to load this again. This is Quality system.

Or Can I modify those 2 records without deleting the request from the Infocube.

Please suggest me how to proceed.

Thanks in Advance,

Shivaram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member210571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot delete records from the PSA but you can edit the records in the PSA but for that you have to delete the request from the Cube. Then after editing the records in the PSA you have to load the records into the Cube by running the infopackage.

Otherwise you have to create a Error Stack from the Update mode and then you can load the records into the Cube without that records. The Error Stack will hold the incorrect records which you can edit later

But overall you have to delete the failed request from the Cube and then load it again for moving it to next target or for reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I the update tab of the Infopackage you will get the option "Error Handling"...

Click there and select "Valid records update,reporting possible."......then only the correct records will get updated and the rest of the erroneous records will be ignored..

Regards,

Debjani.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you make the request in the cube to green then except these records remainimng will be available.To get these records edit them in Error stack and load through Error DTP which will create another request with these records only...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarak & all,

Thank you for you replies, I am in SAP BW 3.5 .

Regards,

Sivaram

sathiendiran_balu
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ,

You also have the error handling option in Infopackage update tab , if you re in 3.5

Regards,

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can make use of other all records except these Error ones...If you want error records also then delete the request and edit in PSA and reload.

Thanks

sathiendiran_balu
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ,

you cannot edit the data in PSA without deleting the request in the Cube ,

As this is QA system , if you like to ignore the two records while loading , You can use the error handling option in the IP or DTP

, and give number of error records to be ignored, The error records will be moved to the error req/ stack and the remaining records

will be available for reporting

Regards,

Sathya