cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we debug WAD queries as we do BEx queries in RSRT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am working with a WAD report and want to test what value is being passed from the frontend to the query. Can I debug this in RSRT as we do a BEx query. If yes, how, if not, how can I debug my WAD queries and see what is the value being passed to a user exit from the WAD?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can Execute+ Debug the Report on RSRT. Once it has no issues at RSRT you can display the set of output as Web Query .

WEB Queries are nothing to do with the RSRT, because it only displays on Web with the help of Portal/Server Connectivity.

If you want to test the Connectivity and Query Display at Web side You need to sit with BASIS team for the same.

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

In WAD, I have some Java script code using which some screen variables have been created and some calculation is being done in based on the entry that the user makes. I want to pass this variable from WAD to the user exit and do the calculation in a variable exit. I am not able to capture this value (a variable) in my User exit and so wanted to debug from the WAD to check if this value coming in from WAD is getting changed and where is it being passed.

Any suggestions on this.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

you can set some parameters in url for web applications like

- debug=X (includes all JavaScript files directly in HTML result and displays additional information)

- trace=X (records an OLAP trace)

- snippet_operations= (disables snippet operations)

- javascript= (disables usage of JavaScript)

- no_session_cookie=X (forces session encoding with URL rewriting)

You should try debug=X and trace=X...

Take a look:

How to Debug a BEx Web Application NW 7.x Java

SAP Note Number: [1128976 |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_bex/~form/handler%7b5f4150503d3030323030363832353030303030303031393732265f4556454e543d444953504c4159265f4e4e554d3d31313238393736%7d]

[Tips & Tricks for SAP BI Web Applications|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/902c3e76-fc1c-2a10-c4ab-c734b06603ba]

This thread could be also helpful (setting breakpoints in bex web)

Regards

Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Generally, we use BEx query in the WAD Template. So if you want to test what value is being passed, you can go to RSRT transaction and insert the BEx query name and Click on "Execute + Debug" tab and check where you want to debug. This will give you the parameter being passed to the query from the user exit.

Hope this helps....