cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can UWL integrate the Workplace INBOX?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to find out if UWL can integrate the Workplace Inbox.

With my configuration (EP6 NWSP13) I followed the "UWL How-to guide" and I got a list of Workitems, Tasks, Alerts and Notifications ONLY; but no signs of Inbox. And no information/documentation about backend Inbox integration.

How to integrate into UWL the messagges sent by a Business Workflow into the Workplace Inbox?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

Sofia and other people waiting for an answer:

- /thread/17019 [original link is broken]

- /thread/97735 [original link is broken]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sofia,

Unfortunately the UWL doesn't show ordinary SAP-Mail messages. All the others are interactive objects, quite different from plain email which is what SAP Mail is.

Your options are:

• Set up automatic forwarding SO16 -> Mail Sy. Grp -> Send to home addresses. This means all SAP Mail is forwarded to people's Outlook/Notes whatever, but you have to maintain the addresses.

• From Workflow, don't send mail to SAP userID's, send it to their internet address. (Best option in my humble opinion)

• Use a dummy task as a notification: A decision with only one outcome "Confirm". Since this is a work item it will appear in the UWL.

Cheers

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANK YOU Mike.

I will try your suggestions soon in order to choose the best way.

Sofia

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP have just release this plug-in (SONiC), it maybe worth checking out.

Look here

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8525afd0-0d01-0010-aaa0-ac6...

and here

I think you need to be on SP16 though.

Hope it helps

Will

Answers (0)