cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Universe Design Tool talks to Pool Tables in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am a beginner in SAP BOBJ. I am planning to create a Crystal Report on top of IDT (Information Design Tool).

Basically I need access to Pool tables like...A017 & A018 apart from few transparent tables in ECC through Universe Design Too in BOBJ.

When I checked in SAP ECC (In Development Servers) using “SE16D” transaction code I am able to see the A017 & A018 tables. However when the access/search  the same tables using the Information Design Tool I am not able to find these.

Could you please let me know whether I should be having certain privileges to access the Pool tables in ECC through BOBJ; Any settings i should be doing to access these tables?

Also please let me know that, Can we talk to Pool tables in ECC using Crystal Reports & Information Design tool.

Thanks in advance...

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

arun_kumar52
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pitchika,

Generally hitting the data base table directly is not a recommended practice. Better look for, is there any data sources available based on these tables you have mentioned.

use the available data sources and use it in your reports or create a custom data sources and use it.

-ARUN.M.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the reply

My concern is i am trying to build a Crystal Report using BOBJ. To build a Crystal Report i need a source and for that i am building a Universe using IDT tool. In the IDT (Information Design Tool) i am not able to see the A018/A017 table.

Please advice whether we can able to handle this...

Thanks,

Srikanth

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

That would be a No.

As described in the IDT and DataAccess guides, ECC Tables are not supported yet.

For the moment (FP3/SP4/SP5) we do support ABAP functions (aka FM or function
modules), InfoSets and SAP Queries.

Please add your vote the Enhancement request here: https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/ideas/7838#comment-22546

FYI - It's on the roadmap for next year.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

One question.

When I tried building new IDT. First I created a new connection with ECC. Second step  I created a Data Foundation Layer, so here I am able to see three groups...

1. ABAP Foundation

2. Global

3. Local

(Any idea about these three groups and what wwe can get/extract out of these three - Any links to eloborate more about it.)

However when i tried in this groups I am able to find the EINA/EINE tables in Local & Global groups. However i am not able to find the KONH, KONP, KONM, A018, A017 tables where in I need these tables for my requirement.

So my concern here is I need to wait until the new release in 2013 Q1 to have the ECC tables available to talk to the IDT. Please let me know what will the patch/Pack details to update the IDT so that we can have the ECC tables available in IDT

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Srikanth