cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get BOR Functions to work in .NET Connector 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been using the .NET Connector to call function modules in VS 2003. Mostly using PM module related functions such as the ALM_PM* and ALM_ME series. I cannot get items from the BOR to get setup, as I understand it.

I've been working with BUS2007 (Maintenance Order) and when I drag it, only a proxy-looking field called "number" appears in the wsdl sheet. The proxy in the toolbox now contains "maintenance order", which when dragged to the form has the properties of a proxy (i.e. you can set the connection). I associated it with an SAPLogonDestination.

When I try to use it in the code, the only methods available are those of the connector (like open, close, etc.) but not of the BOR (such ExistenceCheck, Display, etc.).

How should I instantiate the BUS2007 object and relate it to the destination?

Thanks!

Keith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you look at a BOR class in the Server Explorer, you'll see that methods are displayed in different colors. Only the pink-colored methods can be created as proxy method. A method is shown pink, if the following conditions are true:

- The Method is implemented in form of a function module - meaining that that the property "Abaptype" is "F" and the "Abapname" is not empty.

- The property "Dialog" is NOT set. Dialog means that the function needs SAPGUI be running to be executed.

In your case of the MaintenanceOrder BOR class, none of the methods meet the criteria. This could mean that there are no BAPIs in this area or that they belong to another BOR class. In my IDES 4.7 system here, there is a "MaintenanceOrderBAPI" class (BUS2007A), that contains several pink methods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. In our 4.6C implementation none of them show in pink.

Do you know if there another way, RFC or BAPI that I could use to interact with maintenance orders? There are many for notifications which has served us well but I need to work with orders now.

Thanks,

Keith

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I don't know this - too application specific for me .