cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete ODS load request

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have several loads that I want to delete from the ODS. this data was loaded a few weeks ago so I am certain that the load has completed. I've also confirmed this via SM37. Whenever I try to delete the request, the "garbage can" show up and when I keep on refreshing, the request goes back to "ready for reporting". I just can't seem to delete the request. I don't want to simply "right click" on the ODS and select "delete data" because I have other requests that I do need. Does anyone have any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As riccardo suggests, you can delete the initilization option, but be very very careful and sure to delete the init, cuz once deleted you lost the initilization, and you need to re- init the data for further delta's. If in production it could cause some downtime. or possible loss of delta's. You also risk the loss of previous delta which you deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

If you are using this ODS to feed other InfoProvider in Delta mode you can not delete previous request, but you have to start from the last uploaded and go back.

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Riccardo,

I don't quite follow your suggestion. I have loaded some delta's from the ODS into the cube. I've delted the cube contents and then tried to delete the request from the ODS but to no avail. What exactly do you mean "you have to start from the last uploaded and go back"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

Go into InfoPackage of the DataMart (infoSource from ODS to Cube), select in menù: Scheduler --> Initialization Option ... --> you will find a record, delete this record, it is the init record.

Then you will be able to delete the request.

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Riccardo,

I tried to delete the init request via the scheduler in the infopackage but to no avail. I still can't delete the request.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

Check the Request number (leftmost column in manage screen) to be sure that the request is really not being deleted...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, it is really not being deleted.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this ODS the data source for another data target?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, a cube. But I have already deleted the contents of the cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

Delete from InfoPackage Init log.

Ciao.

Riccardo.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to reset the data mart status of the ODS request and then delete. Is this request the 'topmost' request, else all thos above it will be deleted as well...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

I've changed the status from green to red and then tried to delete. And, yes, the request is the topmost request. Still no success.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

I've changed the status from green to red already and tried to delete..no success. The request is the topmost request, yes.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, not the technical status of the request, I meant the DataMart flag (column 3)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

Usually there is a green check mark in this column but right now there is none. How do I change this?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That appears to indicate that the data from this request has been uploaded to the further data targets. If it is blank you do not need to do anything (for deletion)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

What do you mean, I don't need to do anything"? I don't quite follow.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I meant, when you say "Usually there is a green check mark in this column but right now there is none. How do I change this?" You do not need to change it. The green check mark appears when you load data from the ODS to the cube. I said you do not need to do anything as you are not looking to load the cube, but to delete from the ODS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

understood....Any other suggestions here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

First of all you must delete the init request from the InfoPackage like described in previous message.

Second you can not delete random request in ODS due to an overwrite concept for the ODS. To delete a request in an ODS you must delete all the request that have been uploaded after the request that you want to delete.

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed, Riccardo. The problem is I can't seem to delete the topmost request which is the most recent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

At this point I think that there are only two last possibilities:

1)There are other objects that are uploaded from this ODS, but it doesn' t seems to be the situation.

2)You have problem of space. Take a look in ST22 or SM21 if you have errors. Take a look in DB02 after e refresh if you have some tablespace full.

Ciao.

Riccardo.