cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create services port in Win2K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys:

I was trying to install IDES on my laptop. The OS is Win2K Advanced Server with sp4. But there was a error when I installed the central instance of iDES.

It said:'opying c:/winnt/system32/drivers/etc/services to c:/winnt/system32/drivers/etc/services.saptmp

Internal error:a call to syslib failed. system error message:no error'. And i thought it should be something wrong when IDES was trying to create service ports. So I opened the 'service' file in the directory which said in the error message, and found that IDES added one line 'sapmszzz 3600/tcp #sapsystem message port', it should be more than one line, right?

I don't know what happened during the installation, and ask for your help to solve this. Anyone will be appreciated!

Best Regards!

Zippo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi...well it should be at least three (different) lines...

32nn sapdpNN

33nn sapgwNN

36nn sapmsNN

where nn/NN should be 00 in this case...

-> did the installation finish successfully?

-> is the services file writable? the respective directory has enough space?

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas, it's not quite correct:

The lines look like this:

sapdb<nn> 32<nn>/tcp

sapgw<nn> 33<nn>/tcp

sapms<SID> 36<nn>/tcp

where <nn> should be 00 in this case...

But the service number has to be unique.

If your services contains for example an entry:

sapmsAAB 3600/tcp

you will fail to add

sapmsAAX 3600/tcp

Therefore you typically have to modify the sapms<SID> entry if you install more than one system with the Number 00 to different values.

sapms<XXX> entries have to be identical on all SAP Systems which should talk to another.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas & Peter:

Thanks both of you!

I understand the situation you are assuming in your reply, but it's different. I just installed OS before I tried to install SAP. That means there's no previously installation of SAP so that the services port should be OK for SAP.

And I am 100 percent sure that the 'service' file is writeable and the directory is not full.

Could anyone know how to skip this step? or any other solutions?

Zippo

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you'd better do not skip this step...otherwise your system will not be able to start! you have to choice to edit the services file by yourself and apply the needed lines...and: under windows it might be the case that the services file is always empty after a fresh install..under aix 5.3 for example it's the other way round! all services are included ane has to edit the file before starting the sap installation!

GreetZ, AH

Answers (0)