cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ODS data extracted using BI Java SDK ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Plz help me with this question...Can we extract data from BW ODS using this new BI Java SDK. I tried using InfoCube and wanted to know how to proceed with ODS? If someone can help plz guide me how to get the data out from ODS? Thanks in advance. Have a nice time.

Best Regards,

Srinu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't give you details but ODS is just a database table(s) in the underlying database, right? So you should be able to use BI SDK (or just plain old JDBC if you prefer) to get data from ODS.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

Thanks for your help and advice. I have read the documentation of BI Java SDK Developer's Guide and i dont find any executing query from ODS. Plz kindly provide me some document reference and/or sample programs to execute data from ODS.

As Mr.Mike statement previously that we can use JDBC to extract data could you plz tell me indepth how to connect the BW database which is not authenticated for normal users. Normally i am using XMLA for connecting to BW Infocubes. How to make this concept in practical? I would appreciate your kind help. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please use the same concept as you use for InfoCubes.

You have to define an Query on top of the ODS.

If the ODS ís not enabled for reporting, please use InfoSet function in between.

see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ed/084e3ce0f9fe3fe10000000a114084/content.htm

reg.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

Using the BI Java SDK you can execute a query against an ODS object you have define in the system to retrieve the data that you need. Please see the examples that are included in the documentation of the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio for details.

Regards,

Oliver

Message was edited by: Oliver Mayer