cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not save system alias SAP_R3_Procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to map the alias "SAP_R3_Procurement" to a system that I earlier created. When I try to map the alias to that system, the portal will not let me save it. The portal does not give me an error to tell me what's wrong. The portal just erases SAP_R3_Procurement when I close the window.

This alias "SAP_R3_Procurement" is one used by the iViews in the business package. Could the problem be that the alias is already attached to some other system? How can I determine if an alias is mapped to a different system already? Or what might my problem be?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you do not have too many systems open to check this alias already exists.

When there is duplicate entry it gives error. You can try some thing different. Try adding alias with some other name. If this works, you proved that your old alias is duplicate.

Some times lock on the system entry can create this problem. Make sure no body else is making changes to the system definition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manually checking if aliases already exist is complicated because I can't just check the custom systems that I have defined. I found that systems and aliases can be buried inside SAP's business packages. And when you consider that a dozen business packages can be loaded, it's not simple to find aliases. So I was hoping that some view of existing aliases (and where they are located inside the portal content) could be available. Maybe in a future release....

I will remember to check for locking in these situations.

Thanks very much for your reply. Opinions and viewpoints are always much appreciated!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You can see the available system aliases in the user mapping screen:

User Administration -> User Mapping (for user mapping type 'admin')

and

Personalize -> User Mapping (for user mapping type 'user')

Hope that helps,

Yoav.

Answers (0)