cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not picking up variable values in CR.

raju_kota
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Version: XIR 3.1

I am accessing CR through InfoView and initially report is displaying, when I refresh it is popping variable screen and if I "set to null" and execute it is asking for database login and if you provide it working fine. But if I select variable values and provide database login and execute I am getting "The report you requested requires further information".

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Raju.k

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this report works fine in Crystal Designer? I am not sure if you can use Null values under CR XI? or perhaps I am making a mistake in understanding your question?

Regards

Jehanzeb

raju_kota
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jehanzeb,

In Crystal Reports when we use variables the I am getting "Failed to retrive data from the database" and if you click ok then "Database Connection Error: BAPI Error # :0" and with blank screen.

Thanks

Raju.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well that says it all. It;s not connecting to the database.

Click on Database-> Datasource->

and make sure it is pointing to the right database.

Check DSN settings as well perhaps the Database is not even there to connect to.

Did someone send you the file? or you created the report?

Regards

Jehanzeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

My understanding of your issue is :

--There report is created based on a Stored procedure

--When you give parameter values as Null then the stored procedure is getting executed with null values.

--If you give values in parameter then it is not getting the data and giving an error.

Are you giving correct values in the parameter ? for example : If the parameter required a number values and if you give a string value then you will have problem.

--As 'J' said, theck the DSN which is connecting to database, also check the database availability to execute stored procedure.

Thanks,

Sastry

Answers (0)