Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can json files used to load SAP IQ 16.1

RolandKramer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello community

According to the IQ 16.1 Documentation - Loading options it is not clear, if also the JSON format can be used to load data.
Hence, if SQL Anywhere which is the SQL Interface for SAP IQ is supported for JSON, then also the "Backend" (IQ) is supporting the JSON format, right?

Furthermore to use the functionality, is the setup of the build-in HTTP and OData server necessary to support this scenario?

Is the usage of Parquet files an alternative or complementary option?

this scenario should also be used with SAP Data Intelligence 3.0 where the SAP IQ is connected to. Can the Metadata Explorer also be used to analyze the unstructured data which is imported on the mentioned way above?

Best Regards Roland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor

So long as you use the LOAD TABLE statement, you can load parquet files. This was recently added to SAP IQ.

Loading Parquet Files

It works quite well and very fast given that Parquet compresses data (in a sense).

IQ can store JSON files in a BLOB field. We cannot load and process JSON files for loading as anything other than just the raw text in the JSON file (not the extracted data elements and data).

Mark

tayeb_hadjou
Contributor

In current IQ versions, this file format is not supported in IQ Load table.

A feature request is opened to add this format :

KBA 2748429 - Feature request for support JSON in IQ 16x

RolandKramer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello, Thanks for the quick answer.

So I can use the Parquet option instead?

Best Regards Roland

RolandKramer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mark
thanks coming back to me.
So how can be JSON raw text be loaded to IQ?
As you can see above, there is already a feature request in place to support to load JSON files.
However as the Source Backends are based on HANA or RDBMS, I assume there are "easier" ways to load data into IQ with or without SAP Data Intelligence 3.0 in between.
This was obviously a PoC to use JSON/Parquet format to load IQ

Best Regards Roland