cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i send data to MS access from sap bw cubes......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.......

Can i send data from SAP BW Cubes to MS Access......

Regards

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

there are some ways to get data out of cubes to another system. But the way to choose depends very much on your needs. Here is the easiest way: goto transaction listcube, display all values you like, download the data to a file and upload the file into access (but think about the keys - may be you should go with one key, a autonumber).

Here another way: create a abap and use some of the fm to select the cubes data and download it to a file ....

Next option: create a rfc fm that selects the data from the cube and create a vba macro in access that calls the rfc fm and post the data directly into access.

Hope it is of some help

regards

Siggi

PS: see what others come up with!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi, Thank u for quick response..

can i use open hub destination to load data directly into the MS Access....

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I am not aware of this, but anyway I think access is not designed to handle mass data as we have it in BW.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siggi, Actully my requirement is data shold available for analysis in offline. how can i do dat with out using a bussiness objects.... is any feature is available in BW newversions.... like 3.5 and 4.... please give some suggitions.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

If you do not have more than 65000 records per report, you can use Visual Basic in Access to "control" an Excel workbook that holds the query. This is the easiest way to get data into Access.

- Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the option of precalculated templates and the download shceduler to view the reports offline.

Regards

Anu