Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have 2 Fiori Launchpad?

binhlht
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

Can I have 2 Fiori Launchpads in 1 system?

User requirement is: There are 2 types of app in our corporation: Full and simple. Full app is used if user login to FLP using PC and a simpler version is used if user login using smartphone.

Right now, these 2 types of apps are all deploy in 1 FLP and it looks not so nice. So user want to have 2 separate FLPs for PC and smartphone environment.

I have read these topic https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3581850

but it doesn't give answer for my case.

If the answer is NO, is there a way to achieve the requirement?

Thank you,

Binh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor

Why do you really need a full and a simpler version of the same app for desktop and mobile consumption? If you develop the Fiori app by following the prescribed Fiori design guidelines then same app should work just fine on both type of devices as these would be responsive.

binhlht
Participant
0 Kudos

I acknowledged the guidelines. However apps were developed in the very early stage of UI5 Fiori (old libraries) and we can't just upgrade the whole system, til now some libraries are outdated and don't work well on mobile. Therefore we had no choice to build simpler version for them, use less libraries so they are stable enough to use on mobile.

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor

How about this - for your desktop only full app tiles set the Device Types as only Desktop (with Tablet, Phone unchecked) in the target mapping and for your mobile only simpler app tiles set the Device Types as only Phone (with Desktop unchecked) in the target mapping.

This way when your users open the Launchpad on a Desktop they will only see the full app tiles and when they open the Launchpad on a mobile phone they will only see the simpler app tiles.

binhlht
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, it partly solves my requirement.

In fact, smartphones use carrier network while PCs use LAN so we need to seperate the launchpad. We also consider building 2 front end in order to have 2 FLP.