cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Delta Update mode in infopakage in BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use Infopakage to load data from soure to PSA in BI 7.0, In the Infopakage can I use Delta Load ???

If yeas Please let me know how ?

Regrads

Ashutosh

Edited by: Ashutosh Dhotkar on Jan 3, 2008 11:23 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use delta update mode in the infopackage, along with that it is also necessary to make corresponding DTP as Delta, otherwise it will load all the requests from PSA to the data target.

You have to choose 'Delta' under 'Update' tab in the infopackage. This option wil be there only for transaction loads and after init load is successful.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Rajani

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

R/3 to PSA ,you need INIT and DELTA infopack

PSA to Datatarget only DELTA DTP ,no INIT DTP required

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it has to be use the Infopackage level Delta loads , other wise how could u get the Delta records, from the source system,

how the DTP is understood the Delta records,

the scenario's only different while loading PSA to Cube , upto PSA level we are following the

old procedure, that is FULL load ,Init,Delta load

if it is helpful answer

assign points

Regards

prakash.v

former_member209032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can use delta in infopackage to load data into PSA if the datasource delta mechanism ( note : some datasource does not support delta mechanish ). If u want to load this data into data targets change the update mode in DTP to delta and proceed.

Regards,

Raghavendra.

former_member192142
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can, but the option is not always available. It depends on whether the data source supports delta loading. Other its done just like in 3.5 (assuming you are running on 7.0)

Best regards,

Jacob