cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can developer use Web Dynpro Content Explorer & not Maintain JCO connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a content administrator who is really a java developer who will be maintaining Web Dynpro apps. They would like to use Web Dynpro Content Explorer. I do not want them to be able to edit the JCO connections or start the SLD. I assigned action sap.com_comsaptc~webdynpro, but that allows too much access.

Any ideas?

Is there another way for the developer to accomplish what they can do in the WDContentExplorer without using the workset Web Dynpro? Or a way to disable the JCO and SLD editing buttons?

Thanks,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

No answer so am closing this thread.

There is probably a permission Security Levels somewhere...

Thanks all,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

He should not have content administrator access if he is only java developer.

After developing webdynpro application , If the same user want to create iview based on the webdynpro application , he need content administrator role.

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

This person really will be a content administrator too, configuring the iViews for the dynpro apps, testing, customizing, themes, so they need content admin role. However the content admin role does not provide access to Web Dynpro Content Explorer. Please see the original post for my question.

Thanks,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select that specified webdynpro work set and give read permission to that specific user..

Content administrator role will give access to webdynpro content explorer by default.

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

And the buttons that allow editing the JCO connections are enabled. The idea is to have these buttons disabled. Please read the original post.

Thanks

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope it is not possible to restrict user for editing jco settings once we gave webdynpro content administrator role.

Koti Reddy