cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can BSP iViews be used in externally facing portal in EP6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have developed BSP applications and set them up as iViews in EP6. Our portal implementation will be used by external users.

We have security concerns that the access to the BSPs via the portal allows external users direct access to the R/3 system. We were told that we should use ITS application instead of BSP.

Do any of you have any insight into how we could work around the security problem with BSP applications in EP6? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

Our external are accessing BSP's from ICH(SCM4.1)(Inventory collaboration Hub)for order replenishment and for norms upload. We have implemented SSO between ICH and EP.

When comes to security..no issues..DSM will take care of it.

Thx

PRadeep

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi pradeep,

this in fact one possible solution.

Certficates are secure.

For this solution, I think all system have to be outside the DMZ - right? In theory, it could then still be possible to use unknown epxloits.

So if you want to be very secure - lets say you run a banking solution - you have to put the banking solution in the secured internal network and communicate with it from the DMZ only via a dedicated portal component, which you have to implement in a custom development project then.

BR, OLiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

Guess u r the rite person i cud talk to.

My company is tryin 2 replace existing website and planning SAP external portal.

Can all the html files they have now,be accessed by creating Url Iviews?

How difficult is it to implement SSO with different websites within the portal.

Could You post a message, i have lotz of questions.

Thanx in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

1. Can all the html files they have now,be accessed by creating Url Iviews?

When we create URL Iviews the Portal just creates an IFrame and redirects to the particular URL.So if you have an extranet Portal and create URL IViews then the URL's should also be in the extranet, otherwise you would get "Page Not Found". I feel this is how it works, I might be wrong also.

2. How difficult is it to implement SSO with different websites within the portal ?

You can implement SSO with websites which use form based authentication using the appintegrator service provided by Portal.A user mapping can be done from the Portal to the website that you would want to integrate.These is a very nice How to Guide on AppIntegrator at SDN.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vivek

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

"We have security concerns that the access to the BSPs via the portal allows external users direct access to the R/3 system"

Well, in general this is possible, because you gave them the rights to access the system.

There is no simple answer to your question, except that it is <b>no problem</b> to secure an R/3 system. But this is out of scope here.

You may also seperate both systems, by simply accessing R/3 only via an EP service and use a HTMLB oder Webdynpro portal compoenent for UI.

BR, Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver,

Can you give us more inputs on the last point ?

("You may also seperate both systems, by simply accessing R/3 only via an EP service and use a HTMLB oder Webdynpro portal compoenent for UI.")

I don't know what do you mean by seperating both systems. I beleive the SLT should take care of taking to the component system or is it SLT used only with the same domain ?

I would appreciate if you can give more inputs on this.

thanks!

Suresh.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

Did you solve your problem ? if not consider it differently. The autorisation problems doesn't come form EP bur from your BSP.

If user can access to your portal that means they got the authorisation. If they can laucnh your BSP that means also they got authorisation ( i-view set in their role ).

Hope this help you

Regards,

Bertrand