cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help with a dynamic graph question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: eseidel

CA Forum: .NET

I have a subreport that I'm having a lot of difficulty with and I dont know if I've hit the limitations of CR or I just don't know how to do it. I need to set the subreport graph parameters on the fly and I can't figure out how to do this. Here is the situation:

My report prints a vendor report card, one vendor per report page. For each vendor, I need to access a table and pull all parts that the vendor supplies our company with. Then, I need to create a seperate 2D bar graph for each part that is listed under the vendor. Since this is a subreport and would run for each vendor, and each vendor can have 1 to n-number of different parts, I need to create these graphs on the fly. Is this possible? Any suggestions. The furthest I have gotten was I can create a OLE DB(ADO) command that retrieves the parts for each vendor.

But from there I am stuck. Once I have these parts per vendor, how can I iterate through them and create a new 2d bar graph for each one? The graph itself would display on the x axis all of our vendors that supply us with a part, ranking them. So if a vendor supplies us with Rubber Hoses, magnesium and Aluminum then I would need three graphs, one for each, Rubber Hoses, Mag, Al that would list the vendor on the x axis and points on the y axis pertaining to that specific part. Understand? Is this possible? Help please. Thank you.

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: quafto

CA Forum: .NET

The CR for .NET SDK doesn't have the ability to create graphs on the fly. I suggest that you design your report in Crystal Reports and get it working the way you want there. Work as much with parameters and formulas as you can. The .NET SDK will allow you to pass parameters and modify formulas at runtime.

Answers (0)